Contractors can help Homeowners play a large role in helping conserve water When you look at a map, it’s clear that water is Earth’s most abundant resource, and one of the most essential resources to our everyday life. And though it seems to flow endlessly, many people are surprised to learn that water is a Read more
Contractors can help Homeowners play a large role in helping conserve water
While a vast majority (89%) of the earth’s water is used and consumed for agricultural and industrial sectors (for example farmers for livestock and crops, and key players in food production), there are still steps each of us can take at home to help limit our water waste.
FOUR WAYS TO MINIMIZE UNNECESSARY WATER USE
There are certain elements relating to water that are out of our control – such as droughts or aging underground pipes. But we do have a direct impact on how we use water in our own homes. Homeowners can play a large role in helping conserve water in these four ways:
- Invest in a water management system. If a smart water management system detects a leak, the user can minimize water loss and damage through app alerts. For example, the user is notified and can either: 1.) turn off the water manually to, or; 2.) use a customized routine that would automatically turn off the water to the home. In 2021, Resideo water leak detectors helped stop an estimated 2.4 million gallons of water leaks and prevented $2.6M in insurance claims. That’s roughly enough water to fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool 3.6 times!
- Check for a leaky faucet. A faucet that drips once per second wastes 3,000 gallons annually. It can be caused by a multitude of things, such as corrosion or a loose O-Ring. These leaks are typically small and can be an easy, DIY fix.
- Consider your laundry and dishwasher. Use ENERGY-STAR and High Efficiency products in the kitchen and laundry room. These can save you money on your water bill by using two times less water. Also, washing dishes by hand uses 3.5 times more water than using a dishwasher.
- Re-use where you can. Capture rainwater by adding a rain barrel to the end of your gutters, which can conserve and hold 65-85 gallons of rainwater for your plants or outside cleaning. In your home, try reusing your cooking water for more plant watering!
With a few small changes to your daily lifestyle, you too can make a big impact on Earth’s most precious resource. More information about Resideo water solutions at Resideo.com/water.
Presents awards for excellence in life safety, community impact and sales Each year, Resideo invites its network of professionals to ‘connect,’ to learn and to share insights during a three-day customer event. Now in its thirty-third year, the CONNECT 2022 customer event was deeply impacted by the community connections those professionals have, the communities they Read more
Presents awards for excellence in life safety, community impact and sales
Each year, Resideo invites its network of professionals to ‘connect,’ to learn and to share insights during a three-day customer event. Now in its thirty-third year, the CONNECT 2022 customer event was deeply impacted by the community connections those professionals have, the communities they impact and how they are making a difference each and every day.
“Everyone in this room helps keep bad things from happening to good people,” said Scott Harkins, Vice President of Sales at Resideo during his remarks on stage.
With a theme focused on “Making a Difference,” Resideo gathered nearly 500 customers and partners for the annual event, shared new products and services, hosted educational sessions and shared stories about the collective impact made throughout the year.
Community Service Activity Helps Florida Community in Need
In September 2022, Hurricane Ian hit the west coast of Florida and devastated the Ft. Myers area, which is located about 60 miles north of the CONNECT 2022 event hosted in Marco Island, Fla. Each year, the community service event at CONNECT is popular, but the 2022 event sparked unmatched enthusiasm and attendance. A cross-section of Resideo customers and employees helped Florida communities impacted by the hurricane.
Guests created disaster relief kits that were donated to the Fort Meyers area United Way, and additional funds were raised for the American Red Cross of Central Florida and its local recovery efforts. The group packed care packages, including Resideo’s First Alert smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, that contain essential items needed for recovery.
The Team Gleason Foundation Receives Making a Difference Award
Each year, Resideo presents a Life Safety Award to a deserving organization or team that acted during an emergency, and in the past presented the award to first responders and organizations providing service dogs for Veterans, for example. At CONNECT 2022, the award was re-named the Making a Difference Award and presented virtually by Mike Rowe, host of Dirty Jobs, to Team Gleason.
Team Gleason provides ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) patients with resources that can help them continue to live purposeful lives. The organization receives more than 500 requests per month for automation services for patients with ALS.
“Until there is a cure for ALS, technology is the cure,” said Steve Gleason, founder of Team Gleason. Steve, a former NFL special teams player for the New Orleans Saints, was diagnosed with ALS in 2011. Team Gleason has provided over $20 million in adventure, technology, equipment, and care services to more than 30,000 people living with ALS and countless others through advocacy and support.
In his virtual acceptance speech video, Steve uses his unique style of humor to encourage others and he shares his gratitude for Resideo’s commitment. His last words – “no white flags” – demonstrate his commitment to perseverance and tenacity to make a difference in his community.
Currently, Team Gleason offers ALS patients an off-the-shelf home automation product and is looking to enhance it to provide a more customized level of care for the patients they serve. With the help of Resideo’s professional installation network, the ALS community can realize the benefits of Resideo’s connected solutions, and they can stay engaged with their home.
“From air purification and home comfort controls to security and home automation, our products for this community are not just a convenience but a necessity,” said Quentin Gunther, Security Sales Manager and Resideo Premier Security Dealer program leader. “I was very moved when watching someone control their home using just their eyes. I lost my mother-in-law to ALS twenty years ago and am inspired to help offer technology to ALS patients like her because I know it would have had a profound impact on her life.”
Resideo Honors Customers Making a Difference
In 2022, Resideo’s professional HVAC and Security professionals made a difference in their communities, and two very special awards were presented during the awards presentation:
Resideo honored its professional partners with awards in life safety, product application and sales excellence:
- 2022 Resideo Platinum PERKS Professional of the Year: Airtron
- 2022 Premier Security Dealer of the Year Award: Vyanet
- 2022 Rookie of the Year: Radiant Security
- 2022 HVAC Excellence: HomeServe USA
- 2022 Security Residential Installation of the Year: Suffolk Security
- 2022 HVAC Residential Installation of the Year: Badger Bob’s Services
- 2022 Security Light Commercial Installation of the Year: A-Bell Alarms Company
- 2022 Light Commercial Installation of the Year: Maynor Service Company
- 2022 Security Salesperson of the Year: Drew Stevens of Holmes Security Systems
- 2022 Security Salesperson of the Year: Sandrine Brousseau of Le Groupe Vigilance Inc.
- 2022 Comfort Salesperson of the Year: James Lohbeck of Crane Heating and Air Conditioning
- 2022 Whole Home Visionary:
– HVAC: Genz-Ryan Heating, Cooling, Plumbing and Electrical
– Security: Guardian Systems
- 2022 Security Sales Leader of the Year: Danny Goodpastor at Bates Security
- 2022 HVAC Sales Leader of the Year: Scott Beach, Fogel Services
Resideo presented 22 companies with awards for their contributions to their community, which included collecting food drive donations, installing free security systems for crime victims, hosting events for kids, and supporting law enforcement:
Mark your calendars! CONNECT 2023 will be Nov. 2-5 and hosted at the Westin Kierland Hotel in Scottsdale, AZ.
Foley Mechanical worked with the owner of a 1920 home in the Cleveland Park section of Washington, D.C. on a heating system upgrade. The project included a 95% AFUE condensing gas boiler that replaces an existing conventional cast iron gas boiler. https://youtu.be/O_rQ1JOw6f0 Resideo hydronic products that are highlighted included the following: Hydro-Separator ECM Pumps Zone Read more
Foley Mechanical worked with the owner of a 1920 home in the Cleveland Park section of Washington, D.C. on a heating system upgrade. The project included a 95% AFUE condensing gas boiler that replaces an existing conventional cast iron gas boiler.
Resideo hydronic products that are highlighted included the following:
- ECM Pumps
- Zone Valves
- Relay Controls
- Expansion Tank
- Fill Valve and Backflow Preventer
Radiant floor heat was added to a new basement concrete slab. The existing cast trim radiators on the three upper floors were RE-piped and RE-valved. Foley Mechanical used this opportunity to zone by floor using Resideo zone valves. Nearly six months in and in February the owner shared that he had never been more comfortable in his home.
For more information about the Resideo products in this sponsored installation, please visit HERE.
Explore how the new Resideo Magnetic Hydraulic Separator boosts boiler efficiency and protects modern hydronic installs through air, debris, and ferrous removal, as well as critical flow management between connected hydraulic circuits. All of which makes it easier to deliver comfort and efficiency while helping minimize callbacks. https://youtu.be/DlNXFVd3tc4 Designed to simplify boiler piping for critical Read more
Explore how the new Resideo Magnetic Hydraulic Separator boosts boiler efficiency and protects modern hydronic installs through air, debris, and ferrous removal, as well as critical flow management between connected hydraulic circuits. All of which makes it easier to deliver comfort and efficiency while helping minimize callbacks.
Designed to simplify boiler piping for critical flow management between connected hydraulic circuits, these separators help keep the boiler and heat emitters clean as the dirt and magnetite are gathered in the separator, improving heat transfer with air removal.
For more hydronic solutions visit Resideo.
Adds Four Hydronic Solutions, Reintroduces Braukmann Product Name to Global Product Offering Resideo Technologies Inc. (NYSE: REZI), a leading global provider of home comfort and security solutions, today announced new hydronic heating components that complement its full water solutions portfolio. Resideo’s world-class hydronic portfolio offers the ultimate in performance, comfort and consistency, and works together seamlessly Read more
Adds Four Hydronic Solutions, Reintroduces Braukmann Product Name to Global Product Offering
Resideo Technologies Inc. (NYSE: REZI), a leading global provider of home comfort and security solutions, today announced new hydronic heating components that complement its full water solutions portfolio. Resideo’s world-class hydronic portfolio offers the ultimate in performance, comfort and consistency, and works together seamlessly to offer an end-to-end hydronic control system.
“Our professional contractors’ time and energy are precious, so we’re looking forward to offering them a complete, easy-to-install hydronics system from Resideo that is engineered for accuracy, safety and reliability,” said Matthew Robbins, vice president global product management, Comfort & Care. “Our new hydronics solutions are our first Resideo-branded offerings and serve as a true example of what our professionals can expect from Resideo’s behind-the-wall solutions: quality solutions that help save our professionals time, money, labor, and parts.”
Resideo’s new hydronic solutions include:
- AquaPUMP Variable Speed Circulating Pumps are offered in both cast iron and stainless-steel models for closed- and open-looped applications. Available in five different modes of operation, the pumps provide versatility to cover the performance of fixed- and variable-speed circulators and utilize pressure responsive control. These quiet and energy-efficient pumps are backed by a five-year warranty.
- Magnetic Hydraulic Separators regulate pressure, reduce flow velocity, minimize audible noises with air elimination and protect the boiler system from ferrous sediment with a standardized magnet. Magnetic Hydraulic Separators are ideal for greater boiler efficiency and protection in various applications from residential homes to multi-family housing. Hydraulic Separator bodies are offered with union connections from one-to two-inch for sweat, threaded, or press fitting. Flanged bodies are available with connections from two to six inches.
- Press PV SuperVent® Air Eliminators easily vent out the air in hydronic systems with the most secure connection offered in the industry. SuperVent® Air Eliminators have debris baffles to control dirt fouling and to prevent failing. The adjustable collar ring allows for easy installation and application flexibility.
- Press Boiler Trim Kits offer a high-quality Press PV SuperVent® Air Eliminator, Press NK300 boiler feed combination and expansion tank with service check valve all in one box. Best-in-class fittings make for a simple, seamless and high-quality installation.
The newly expanded hydronic portfolio is now available in the U.S. and Canada through Resideo’s distribution network.
Resideo is reintroducing the Braukmann product name to its global potable water products, such as pressure reducing valves and mixing valves. The changes reflect the company’s ongoing opportunity to build and strengthen the Resideo brand and product portfolio.
“Our European and North American customers have known and trusted the Braukmann name for more than 40 years, and we’re honored to bring back the well-known potable water product family,” said Lisa Goldson Armstrong, vice president of global marketing at Resideo. “Reintroducing the Braukmann name acknowledges our proud heritage and gives us an opportunity to take another step in our Resideo brand journey.”
The company acquired Braukmann in 1980 from its founder, and with more than 75 years of experience in the European residential water control market it’s become well-known for demonstrating proven reliability. The water products can be found in more than 18 million households and are trusted by more than 100,000 installers.
Resideo Braukmann solutions are available globally through Resideo’s distribution network.